Throughout the academic year there will be blocks of 10 weeks where once a week your child will participate in Forest School. We have beautiful grounds at Matching Green and this is where Forest School takes place. We really value Forest School as it fits in perfectly with our ethos of having a curriculum where children learn with their head, heart and hands. We believe that all children should be given the opportunity to be the best at something as learning isn't all about the academics and Forest School is excellent for this.
Forest School Principles
1) Forest School is a long-term process of frequent and regular sessions in a woodland or natural environment, rather than a one-off visit. Planning, adaptation, observations and reviewing are integral elements of Forest School.
2) Forest School takes place in a woodland or natural wooded environment to support the development of a relationship between the learner and the natural world.
3) Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners
4) Forest School offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
5) Forest School is run by qualified Forest School practitioners who continuously maintain and develop their professional practice.
6) Forest School uses a range of learner-centred processes to create a community for development and learning