The staff and governors of Matching Green CE Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the children in our care.
All members of staff and governors receive regular training as well as refresher update sessions throughout the academic year.
Miss A Wareham is the Designated Safeguarding Lead and Mrs A Swanton is the Deputy Safeguarding Lead. If you have any safeguarding concerns then please speak to one of the members of staff mentioned above.
At Matching Green CE Primary School we use the following documents to help guide us in our policies and procedures (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Essex Safeguarding Children Board guidelines - the Local Authority SET (Southend, Essex & Thurrock) Procedures (ESCB, 2019)
- Essex Effective Support
- Effective Support for Children and Families in Essex ESCB 2017
- Local Authority SET PREVENT Policy and Guidance April 2019
- Child Protection Policy
- What to do if you're Worried a Child is Being Abused - DfE - March 2015
- Keeping Children Safe in Education - DfE - September 2020
- Working Together to Safeguard Children - DfE - 2018
- The Prevent Duty - Counter Terrorism and Security Act HMG - June 2015
- Guidance for Safer Working Practice for those with Children and Young People in Education - Safer Recruitment Consortium - 2019 plus addendum April 2020
- Child Sexual Exploitation - DfE- February 2017
- Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment between Children in Schools and Colleges - DfE - May 2018
Hard copies of the documents listed above can be obtained from the School Office if required.